University Press eBook collections have soared these last few years.Â Â Last January I wrote my eBook Buzz column in ONLINE about the rise of University Presses – University Presses and Ebooks:Â A New Horizon.Â I’m happy to see they are growing.Â In the press release below, Oxford announces a new partnership with MIT Press.
NEW YORK, January 15, 2013–The MIT Press announced it will partner with Oxford University Press to launch MIT Press Scholarship Online on OUPâ€™s University Press Scholarship Online (UPSO) platform to take advantage of a fully enabled XML environment with cutting edge search and discovery functionality.
â€œI am pleased that the MIT Press is partnering with Oxford Scholarship Online to host our titles on the UPSO platform.Â As early adopters of the Mark Logic server and an XML-first workflow, we appreciate that UPSO uses these same tools to optimize discoverability,â€ said Ellen Faran, director of The MIT Press.Â â€œWe are convinced that features such as chapter-level tagging and chapter abstracts will encourage the use of our monographic content.â€ Continue reading MIT Press to partner with OUP in University Press Scholarship Online
Credo announced earlier this week the addition of new publisher collections on the Credo Reference interface.Â The following Collections are now available on Credo Reference:
- ABC-CLIO (4 Collections) â€“ Artists of the American Mosaic, ABC-CLIO Collection, Contemporary World Issues, World Mythology
- Ashgate â€“ Research Companions Collection
- Berg Publishingâ€“ Cultural Histories Collection
- Berkshire Publishing â€“ Berkshire Publishing Collection
- CABI â€“ Agricultural Collection
- Greenwood Publishing (3 Collections) â€“ Guides to Business and Economics, Love and Courtship, Greenwood Publishing Collection
- IGI Global â€“ Applied Technology Collection
- Kucerâ€™s â€“ The Use of Antibiotics Collection
- Longman (Pearson Education) â€“ Companions to History Collection
- MIT Press â€“ MIT Press Collection
- Praeger â€“ Womenâ€™s Psychology Collection
- SAGE Reference (11 Collections) â€“ Criminology, Education, Environment, Geography, Health, Management, Political Science, Psychology, Research Methods, Sociology, SAGE Reference Collection
- Wiley-Blackwell â€“ Psychology Collection
Portal on all aspects of ebooks and digital content and for all creating, reading, publishing, managing, curating, and distributing the written word and other content in digital format, including publishers, writers, editors, content developers, distributors, educators, librarians and information science professionals. Managed by Mirela Roncevic, with contributions from professionals and thought leaders in the United States and around the world.