Infobase Publishing announced new enhanced features for their eBook platform.Â They include:
- Fulltext search option
- New eBook viewer design
- HTML default format for eBooks
- Improved relevancy and highlighting of search terms in context
- New eBook navigation tools
- New user tools like search history, bookmarks, notes and highlighting
Additional information on Infobase eBook content (from their website):Â Â Continue reading Infobase Publishing Enhances eBook Platform
I’ve gotten a flurry of press releases in the past 2 weeks from a variety of reference publishers.Â Some are offering mobile search, others are teaming up to distribute content, or they are offering new products.Â Here’s a sampling of what’s going on (in no apparent order):
- Oxford University Press launched Oxford Handbooks Online
- SAGE Reference is making nearly 70 of their top Social Science encyclopedias available in Credo Reference
- Alexander Street Press announced the streaming music and video collections are going mobile in 2010
- EBSCO Publishing announced the “going mobile” version of EBSCO host
- Facts on File (Infobase Publishing) launched a new curriculum video on demand subscription service
- Rosen and Gale have teamed up to distribute one anothers online health resources – Rosen’s Teen Health & Wellness and Gale’s Health & Wellness Resource Center
- Gale’s Powersearch and InfoTrac now support the MLA 7 format
Infobase Publishing Acquires Iconic World Almanac Brand
New York, NY (September 1, 2009)â€”Infobase Publishing announced today that it has acquired the World Almanac imprint from Weekly Reader Publishing Group. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
World Almanacâ€™s long and storied history as a publisher of award-winning reference titles dates back to 1868. Most notably, The World Almanac and Book of FactsÂ® has become the best- selling American reference book of all time with more than 80 million copies sold. The imprint also includes such popular and best-selling titles as The World Almanac for KidsÂ® and The World Almanac Book of RecordsÂ®. Continue reading Infobase Publishing Acquires World Almanac Brand
Infobase Publishing (Facts on File, Chelsea House, Ferguson Publishing) has just launched search widgets for their eBook platform.Â See the press release here.
The widgets search only the eBook content that your institution has access to.Â From the press release, “Infobase Publishing is pleased to
announce the launch of our new account-specific eBook Search Widgets, designed to expand access and promote usage within your institution. These customized Search
Widgets will allow users to search all the eBooks to which you have access from Infobase Publishing.”
Portal on all things ebooks and econtent and for all reading, writing, publishing, curating, and distributing books and other content in digital format, including publishers, librarians, content developers, distributors, retailers, and educators. Managed and edited by Mirela Roncevic, with contributions from professionals and thought leaders in the United States and around the world.