Gale, part of Cengage Learning, is celebrating National Library Week by offering free access to six highly-praised online resources for use by any library during National Library Week. Free access runs through National Library Week, from April 10 to April 24, 2010. Librarians can download the widget to their homepage by visiting www.gale.cengage.com/NLW starting on April 10. Library patrons should look for the widget on their library’s homepage, which provides single-click access to these online resources.
The library is where stories are read, retold, written and created every day. In salute of the American Library Association’s theme – Create your own story @ your library, Gale is offering free access to resources that help library users explore and inspire stories of all kinds. Gale is offering access to six resources: Continue reading Gale offering free access to six resources for National Library Week
In honor of National Library Week, Gale is providing free access to 5 databases. They include:
- Archives Unbound — A vast new electronic resource that combines the best of legacy microfilms from Gale and Primary Source Media along with new, never-before-published collections of historical and scholarly documents sourced from institutions worldwide.
- Career Transitions — A new electronic resource offering a comprehensive guide to career change.
- Global Issues in Context — An electronic resource that offers global news and perspectives on issues and events of international importance.
- GREENR (Global Reference on the Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources) — A new electronic resource offering authoritative reference content on the environment, energy, economic development and natural resources.
- Grzimek’s Animal Life — An interactive, media-rich online resource, with information on more than 4,000 species.
Continue reading NLW – Free access to Gale Resources
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich., Apr. 20, 2009 — In celebration of Earth Day on April 22, Gale, part of Cengage Learning, is offering free resources on its completely updated Environmental Resource Web site (http://www.galeschools.com/environment/).
Continue reading Gale offers free resources for Earth Day
Portal on all aspects of digital content and for all creating, reading, publishing, managing, curating, and distributing the written word and other content in digital format, including publishers, writers, editors, content developers, distributors, educators, librarians and information science professionals. With contributions from book and information science professionals and thought leaders in the United States and around the world.