The new and improved EBL online reader is set to be launched on 23rd September 2008 and we’re inviting you to preview it…
The new reader features improved design and layout enhancements, and offers patrons these brand new features:
* Fast-loading image view as well as PDF view -the image view gives readers the ability to scroll through pages rather than turn them one at a time.
* Maximised Reading Space on Screen — we’ve minimised headers and frames so that the patron can virtually open the ebook in the whole browser screen, providing a more immersive reading experience.
* Detailed Access Permission Information — more detailed access information, including total and remaining print and copy permissions.
* Intuitive Print Tools – enabling printing by page, page range or chapter.
* Enhanced read aloud controls – read aloud can now be launched for any title from the online reader toolbar.
EBL’s new online reader uses standard Adobe Reader software – there is still no custom plug-in required.
Your patrons will continue to enjoy EBL’s other popular functionalities, such as adding and exporting notes, linking by chapter, and full-text search within the book.
The official launch of the new reader will be next Tuesday, September 23rd.
You can preview EBL’s new online reader here:
User name: ebltest1
User name: ebltest2
User name: ebltest3
User name: ebltest4
User name: ebltest5
User name: ebltest6
We encourage you to test the reader thoroughly before it goes live next week. If you are happy with the general performance of the new reader, we suggest that you make the switch before the official launch next week to ensure that all features are working within your library’s local authentication and network set-up.
There is no work required on your end to change to the new reader, simply contact email@example.com to request the upgrade. The existing reader will stay in place for the short-term so if your library does experience and teething problems with the new reader, we will be able to instantaneously revert to the old reader.
Until then, please feel free to preview EBL’s new online reader and provide us with any feedback. We’d love to hear what you think!
EBL Technical Account Manager
contact us || www.eblib.com | www.ebooks.com | www.ebookscorporation.com