Each Friday, NSR releases a compilation of news stories related to ebooks, epublishing, elibraries, and digital literacy from around the world. The goal is to help information professionals (of all walks of life) keep up with what is happening in the world of ebooks and econtent beyond the confines of their companies, institutions, countries, and continents.
This is by no means an all-inclusive list of the most important news that occurred this (or any other) week. But it is a curated list, and a way for NSR to not lose sight of the big picture. Here’s the thinking behind what we choose to highlight:
- focus on diversity and giving equal voice to established news sources as well as to blogs run by independent thinkers
- promotion of efforts that support digital literacy (in all incarnations)
- attention to ebook and literacy initiatives in emerging markets
- strong interest in ideas propelling the industry forward rather than promotions of certain brands
- strong interest in professionals challenging the status quo and leading the way
Enjoy this week’s compilation.
Ed Note: All titles of the articles listed below appear in the style used in the original sources.]
Paul Biba is former Editor-in-Chief of TeleRead. For his curated ebook/elibrary/epublishing news, follow him on Twitter @paulkbiba.
Mirela Roncevic is Managing Editor at No Shelf Required. For all NSR-related news and reviews, follow her on Twitter @MirelaRoncevic. For her writings related to books and all things creativity and literacy, follow her on Facebook.